Friday, May 9, 2008

So I've Been Thinking...

It's not really my job I am sick of. I love my job, most days. And I really love the people I work with, most days. What I AM sick of is routine, same thing five days a week, two day break and back to the rut. Any job I go to will eventually turn into this so instead of working on finding a new job I've decided to work on my outlook/attitude towards my current situation.

Also, I am back on track to working towards grad school. This is my main goal for right now and I think another job will just derail me even further from this. If I get a new job I will have to re-start some place, get trained all over again, spend time learning the job and going to extra trainings...basically a lot of crap for something I don't plan to be doing THAT much longer. I will be more content with my current job knowing I am working on future while there. I hate staying put.

I am a person that thrives on change. Hence why after 8 months at my current facility I am looking for something else. I need freshness and a change of pace. So I decided to look for an apartment closer to my job. I currently live 45 minutes away and this is part of the reason while the situation is weighing me down. Closer living would be less time driving to and from work, leaving me more time and of course...LESS GAS MONEY! Just the idea of moving into a new apartment in a different area is exciting to me. Change of scenery, change of pace, maybe I can even throw out some of my shit in the move. I am already getting excited just thinking about it.

So instead of changing jobs, I will change apartments. Oh yeah, I am already feeling better. Signed up to work until 5 am tonight! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

KoalityBear said...

I thrive on change as well. I want to move around the world for the rest of my life. If we could just make enough money...
Unfortunately, kids thrive on routine. I would hate to rip them away every time they make a friend. I know kids get traumatized by that stuff. Even though I always wanted to be the new kid somewhere. I always wanted a new start. I didn't really have that many friends anyway. I only really hung out with you & Okey most of the time. Sometimes Heather, but we always ended up getting into a fight or something. Too much drama.
I'm good at making acquaintances, not so great at making friends.