Sunday, June 1, 2008

Adaptation

I think one of the secrets to becoming successful is being able to adapt to change. If we are able to adapt to new situations quickly we will ultimately survive and learn to thrive sooner in our new surrounding than if we fought the change. Think about it: When faced with a challenge, the sooner we embrace it and modify our behavior accordingly, the sooner we can conquer the battle, or at least go at it our strongest.

Last week was my first Saturday working overnight (until 7:30 in the morning) the next day I felt wrecked, physically I felt extremely tired and I felt mentally week. I only slept four hours and felt nauseous all day. Last night was my second Saturday working overnight. Today I pushed myself to sleep longer, then wake up and go work out.

When I came home from working out my brother (who is also my roommate) was questioning me like didn't you work last night? And I said yeah, but I'm trying to adapt to my new situation. I don't want to be a slug all of Sunday just because I work Saturday night. So I'm adapting quickly, in order to make the most out of my new schedule.

On another note, I'm going to the see Sex and The City movie tonight! I'm a little bummed out I am not going with a girl friend or sister/mom like most of the women I know, but at the same time I do get to go with my best friend/boyfriend and be one of the few ladies that is going to see the movie with a guy.

Will try to post an analysis of the movie after I see it...I've read so much different stuff already on the debate whether the series does justice for feminism/women or whether it hinders our progress.

Oh and we got the apartment!! We're moving into our new place the 28th of June!! I am so freaking excited. This is exactly what I need!!

No comments: